Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:05:00 -0400

> Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > It already handles all global bindings.  Just type [ins] and add a new
> > binding.
>
> Oops, no, it doesn't, as pressing [del] will not undo the binding.

I think we really want something like

        (defcustom global-map
          "blabla"
          :get 'custom-keymap-to-alist
          :set 'custom-update-keymap-from-alist)

I think it's important that the defcustom declares `global-map'
rather than some new pseudo variable.
And most likely, it'll be important to do the diff-list kind of trick
so that users can enter (and save) additions and removals rather
than editing/saving the whole keymap which will quickly lead
to undesired effects when upgrading (where the user won't ses the
new bindings).

        Stefan