Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bugs caused by recent use of define-derived-mode
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:46:53 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Stefan,

This is starting to look like an Abbott and Costello sketch.  It
really is not that important, but if we have trouble understanding
each other over something so trivial, what will happen if we start
discussing more complicated stuff?

   No, there *really* wasn't one (that was before Emacs-21.1,

Does "there *really* was not one" mean that those users were using
versions of Emacs in which the documentation for mailabbrev.el was NOT
claiming (again, claiming, incorrectly claiming) that there was a
mail-mode-abbrev-table, even though there was not one in reality.

If I do not understand your next answer, I will just give up and start
looking at the more technical stuff, hoping for less confusion there.

Sincerely,

Luc.