Re: Recent attempts at standardizing major mode definitions.

From: Mario Lang
Subject: Re: Recent attempts at standardizing major mode definitions.
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:56:07 +0200

>     The second, more recent purpose is as a "standard" way to define any
>     major mode whatsoever.

[...]

> Defining a macro define-major-mode might be a good idea.

While we are at it, I recently noticed that there is
no way to get a list of valid major-modes.

There are alot of tricks one can use, but I didnt find a reliable
method to generate a list of major-modes.

If we convert to some standard macro, what do people
think of adding something like this to it?

(put mode 'major-mode t)

--
CYa,
  Mario