Re: INFO on add-ons

From: David A. Cobb
Subject: Re: INFO on add-ons
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 11:39:03 -0400

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

"David" == David A Cobb <address@hidden> writes:

   David> I have no concept of anyone coercing a contributer in any
   David> regard - it'll cost you at least $30.00/hr to coerce /me/.

Oh, I think requiring revision of a patch because it has sucky
docstrings is both reasonable and coercive, and I doubt you would send
me a bill.  More like, "good grief, how could _I_ forget that!"  :-)

Yes, indeed!

   David> But it would be a considerable good if they did contribute
   David> Info pages

Sure.  But we can't require Info pages, especially as rms has
pronounced against it.
Ugh! What's the 'in' thing now? Didn't the GNU project /invent/ Info?
Yes, it's a shame that Swiss cheese has holes, but the
part that isn't holes is pretty tasty, no?

Tasty, yes!

But setting INFOPATH=/path/to/xemacs-packages/info:$INFOPATH
should do the trick (modulo our interpretation of dir as a cache
rather than something that should be authoritative).

Ah, I had it but had it wrong! I had noticed that Xemacs/info-mode rebuilds the directory when I didn't expect it.

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way