Re: INFO on add-ons

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: INFO on add-ons
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:30:44 +0000 (UTC)

   >>>>> "rms" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

       rms> I believe GNU has its own install-info program which was
       rms> written initially by me.

   I first encountered install-info around 1996 (the man page is dated
   1994) as a Perl script written by Ian Jackson, as I wrote earlier.  ...

I do not know who wrote install-info first.  However, two different
programs of the same name were written.  Each solved the problem, but
worked differently.... :-(

In the past, I had some problems when I both built my own programs
from scratch and used Debian programs.  The conflicts meant that I
could not install Debian programs.  I have not had such problems in
the past couple of years.   :-)

Either the two programs now work together or one has been dropped or I
have not excited the conflict.

--
    Robert J. Chassell            address@hidden  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises       http://www.rattlesnake.com