Re: keymap in yank-excluded-properties

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: keymap in yank-excluded-properties
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:49:06 +0200

On 04 Sep 2002 10:45:12 +0200, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> Isn't that exactly what you get by setting cua-enable-cua-keys to nil ?

No, you still have Transient Mark mode, shift-key selection, etc. I like
seeing rectangles highlighted, but I don't like transient mark mode even
if I use shift keys to select a region.

> If not, what's wrong with it?

Nothing "wrong", of course. But rectangle support and CUA keys are
very different issues, so it's a bit strange to have them so intertwined.

That said, I'm *not* complaining. CUA-mode is a wonderful piece of work
and I'm very grateful for it.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u