Re: Several serious problems

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Several serious problems
Date: 04 Sep 2002 18:23:33 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> > In that case, I wasted considerable time...  I know, for instance,
> > that people whinge that keyboard input doesn't conform to the buffer
> > file coding system, and that other coding systems &c are needed --
> > windows-1252 probably most importantly.
>
> By "in RC" I meant "in RC as it currently stands", not "in RC before you
> installed ucs-tables.el".

So did I, or at least as it stood a few days ago.  I don't understand
this (or the rest of the message).  It's a non sequitur as far as I
can tell.

> Please don't try and find offense where there isn't, it makes me
> rather sad.

I don't know what you mean.  I'm just sticking up for a large set of
users.  However I guess they are likely to find offence if maintainers
dismiss -- or appear to -- m17n features they need.

As far as I know, my opinions are roughly the same as handa's --
apologies if not -- and he was the one proposing more changes in this
case.  I'm glad he eventually gets listened to, anyhow.