Re: INFO on add-ons

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: INFO on add-ons
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:46:51 -0400

    I think this is a terminology problem; most of the time when someone
    says `write an info file', they really _mean_ `write a texinfo file'.
    Because info files are never written in any other way, people often
    seem to treat the terms as interchangeable.

Yes, that's right.  I don't think we should insist on a Texinfo file
or an Info file for every package in Emacs.  It's worth having one
for some packages, but many don't need one.