Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:05:35 +0000 (UTC)

    [people who use Customize] should read _Introduction to Emacs
    Lisp_ if, and only if, they want to learn Emacs Lisp.  They should
    not expect Customize to teach them Lisp.

But I am not suggesting that Customize teach Lisp.

What I am saying is that *if* the person who is using Customize also
knows some Lisp, then it makes sense that the person should be able to
modify that code in his .emacs file, if he wants.  And he should be
able to look at the `custom-set-faces' or `custom-set-variables'
expressions and figure out how to work with them.

If he is not interested in Lisp, then he does not study or modify the
code in his .emacs file.

--
    Robert J. Chassell            address@hidden  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises       http://www.rattlesnake.com