Re: INFO on add-ons

From: Ville Skyttä
Subject: Re: INFO on add-ons
Date: 05 Sep 2002 23:16:45 +0300

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 16:54, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> In other words, what is the currently existing XML processor I should
> use, where do I get it, and what are the specific commands I should
> give it?

One point to start from could be libxml [1] and libxslt [2].  You might
also want to grab the DocBook XSL's from [3], also take a look at the
XSL documentation in [3], the examples in particular.  After
installation, "man xsltproc" will tell you more.

Since you said you're running Debian,

   apt-get install docbook-xsl libxml2 libxslt1

...could do the installation for you (not verified, you might need to
change libxml2 to libxml1).  There's a bunch of stuff that looks
interesting if you search for "docbook" at
<http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages>.

[1] <http://xmlsoft.org/>
[2] <http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/>
[3] <http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/xsl/>