Re: keymap in yank-excluded-properties

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: keymap in yank-excluded-properties
Date: 06 Sep 2002 10:05:15 +0900

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
>        It would be nice to have a special `rectangle-mode' which would make
>        _all_ the normal kill/copy commands such as C-w and M-w deal in
>        `rectangles' (and use a highlighting hack to make an active region
>        really look like a rectangle).
>
>    I don't think this makes sense as a mode.
>
> It could be a `context specific minor mode', as proposed for table.el,
> activated, perhaps, when you give a special `set-rectangle-mark'
> command.

That was what I meant.  It would be a minor-mode that got turned on
temporarily when you did `set-rectangle-mark', and presumably turned
off when you do a C-w or hit C-g, or whatever (the minor-mode indicator
would provide a hint that things were slightly different than normal).

[However, sometimes when I'm rearranging a table or something, I'd like
C-SPC to set the rectangle mark instead of the normal mark]

-Miles
--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"