VC and select-safe-coding-system

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: VC and select-safe-coding-system
Date: 08 Sep 2002 14:03:43 +0200

I've been told that on a file under VC control, a user abort in
select-safe-coding-system can lose data.  A few days ago, I asked on
this list whether anyone could tell me the precise circumstances when
this happens.  I got no reply.  So I've tried to create such a situation
myself, but couldn't spot any such problem.  I also inspected the code
carefully, but couldn't see any potential difficulties.

If anyone has any more information on this matter, please let me know.