Re: use diff-list in Emacs

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: use diff-list in Emacs
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 21:22:37 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Using diff-lists for lists, on the other hand, does have the issue of
> ordering (you have to know where to add new entries, and sometimes it won't
> be at the beginning or end; if you record an existing entry to add after,
> what if it isn't found?).

Whee.  You're right.  So, what do we do?

Okay, let's start with keymaps, then.

kai

PS: I think that functionality for add-to-list and remove-from-list
    (though this function doesn't exist, I think you know what I mean)
    are sufficient as a first start.  So if there is a list of things
    to prepend to, to append to, and to remove from, the default
    value, a lot will be achieve.