Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: 09 Sep 2002 01:02:45 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

>  I'd rather see the `edit-kbd-macro' kind of functionality
> improved/supplemented with something lighter weight so I can fix my macros
> "on the fly" as I see them fail (no I don't know what that would look
> like, sadly).

I just added kmacro-step-edit-macro bound to C-x C-k SPC

Pls. try it out...

> .... so if I see that the macro failed, I can undo it,
> then step through it and when a step fails I just DEL + replacement...

I still see one problem with the way keyboard macros are defined
currently - if you make a mistake (and get a `ding'), the macro
is NOT saved.

I would like to change that so if an error occurs while defining a
macro, emacs will query the user whether he wants to continue adding
to the macro, end and save it, or discard it.   WDYT?