Re: address@hidden: Poor performance over DSL link]

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Poor performance over DSL link]
Date: 09 Sep 2002 12:04:21 +0200

>From PROBLEMS:

* Improving performance with slow X connections

If you don't need X Input Methods (XIM) for entering text in some
language you use, you can improve performance on WAN links by
configuring Emacs with option `--without-xim'.  Configuring Emacs
without XIM does not affect the use of Emacs' own input methods, which
are part of the Leim package.

If the connection is very slow, you might also want to consider
switching off scroll bars, menu bar, and tool bar.