Re: Text mode menu wishlist

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Text mode menu wishlist
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 19:27:04 +0200

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to know people's thoughts on this. You can either add to
> the wiki, post to emacs-devel or e-mail me directly, and I'll keep
> the wiki page updated. =)

People like me would like a simple buffer where we can use up and down
and RET to select a menu entry.  This can be done in Lisp and works
for me.

Other people would like to see "real" menus in the console, but that
requires messing with the C code.  The basic stuff is already there in
the MSDOS port (which has "real" menus), all we need is to do is port
that to curses or something.  I think this would also work for the
blind which will probably use emacs -nw anyway.  But it would not be
enough for me if I wanted to use a buffer-based menu eventhough I am
running X.

Alex.