Re: address@hidden: Poor performance over DSL link]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Poor performance over DSL link]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:40:24 -0400

        Does this [turning off blinking] cure the sluggishness too?

    To be frank, no; Emacs 21.2 seems more sluggish over DSL than Emacs 20.5
was.
    (I used Emacs 20.7 only for a week - not long enough to notice its speed.)

I had a feeling this would not solve the problem.
Something else must be causing the sluggishness.

Does anyone know of some X tools that could be used to figure
out what messages are being transmitted that cause the slowness?