Re: pcl-cvs and precommit scripts

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: pcl-cvs and precommit scripts
Date: 14 Sep 2002 02:54:22 -0400

that has been posted to lists.xemacs.beta as well.

> When I say "allow" I mean it requires us to enter either "new" or a bugID as
> part of every commit.

I don't really understand what you mean by "enter ...".
Could you describe in detail what the procedure looks like, how you
pass the bugid to the `cvs commit' command, ...

> In this case, is there an easy way to customize cvs-mode-changelog-commit
> and cvs-mode-commit so that the generated log message buffer begins with
> "BugID: "?

I'm not sure which version of PCL-CVS comes with XEmacs, but with the
version I maintain for Emacs you can use `log-edit-hook' to add stuff
to the *cvs-commit* buffer and you can use `log-edit-done-hook' to
check that the commit message follows your local convention.

        Stefan