Re: Bug in remote file save.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug in remote file save.
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:50:10 -0400

    However, for this to happen, the executing-kbd-macro variable must be
    non-nil.  This normally only happens when executing a keyboard macro.

    Looking through the code, I only found two places where a package
    explicitly sets the executing-kbd-macro variable; both of them in the
    `calc' package.

    The purpose seems to be a kludge to avoid some form of message from
    save-buffer, but at the same time calc seems to install some kind of
    save-buffer hook (I haven't tried to understand that part),

I think it is wrong for any package to set executing-knd-macro except
because it is executing a keyboard macro.  I think Calc needs to be
fixed.

Colin, can you work on fixing this?