Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems

From: Steven T. Hatton
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:51:01 -0400

On Sunday 15 September 2002 20:02, Karl Berry wrote:
>     If each part of the menu were sorted alphabetically, would that help?
>     We could make install-info do that.
>
> It already does.  If we're talking about the Info dir file.

This may indeed be what I find confusing.  It does seem the entries are sorted
alphabetically, but in groups which have no obvious divisions.  Perhaps some
kind of heading for each group of sorted headings would be helpful.  A brief
glance through the `ls info' output suggests to me the groupings are by
'document', ie:
ada-mode autotype calc ccmode cl dir dired-x ebrowse ediff efaq eintr elisp
emacs emacs-mime eshell eudc ...

Of course the ording of these documents is not alphabetical.  Perhaps what I
find confusing is the fact that there is revelent structure which is not
immediately apearent in the presentation.

-- STH