Re: gamegrid.el and some games

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: gamegrid.el and some games
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:11:24 +0200

>     Why does XEmacs have sokoban and Emacs does not?  But I think we
>     already went through this the last time we talked about gamegrid.
>
> I don't remember, but it might relate to the question of the copyright
> on the game patterns.  I think someone told me he had written them himself,
> which ought to have made it possible, but maybe that wasn't all of them.

FYI: according to the comments in sokoban.el, the FSF already holds
the copyright for the Lisp:

,----
| ;; Modified: 1998-06-23, copyright assigned to FSF
`----

But the level files and the images are from another program:

,----
| ;; The game is based upon XSokoban, by
| ;; Michael Bischoff <address@hidden>
|
| ;; The levels and some of the pixmaps were
| ;; taken directly from XSokoban
`----

If sokoban.el were part of GNU Emacs we could replace the penguin
through a gnu ... :-¬

    -- Oliver

--
30 Fructidor an 210 de la Révolution