Re: ]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: ]
Date: 16 Sep 2002 12:50:21 +0100

>     I already found a workaround in HEAD, but in 21_1_RC it caused other
>     problems with the display of the cursor, so I couldn't install it
>     there.
>
> Is this a serious bug?  If so, I guess we shouldn't release 21.3 until
> it is fixed.  Is there a chance you can find whatever change solved
> the cursor display problem in the trunk, and try putting that into RC
> also?

I don't think it is serious, since it is not normal in MS-Windows for
windows that are not topmost to have input focus, and the problem only
happens with some video drivers.  The cursor display code has changed
substantially in the trunk, partly because of the support for the
system-caret (for blind users), so it is difficult to track down which
change was necessary to prevent the cursor display problems.