A few questions about occur-mode

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: A few questions about occur-mode
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:44:09 +0200

1.- Would anyone object to making some occur functions (namely
`occur-mode-goto-occurrence', `occur-mode-display-occurrence' and
`occur-mode-goto-occurrence-other-window') to accept an optional
argument and do a (recenter arg) after moving the point? My main use of
occur is:

M-x occur "whatever"
C-x o
C-n C-n ... C-o    # see something
C-n C-n ... C-o    # again...

and it's very handy to put that "something" at the beginning of the
window.

2.- Why are the functions called occur-mode-* instead of simply occur-*?

3.- Do `occur-next' and `occur-prev' do something, or are they remnants
of some long-deleted code, a half-implemented idea, or what? AFAICS, the
'occur-point property is only referenced in `occur-next', `occur-prev'
and `sh-mark-line' (in progmodes/sh-script.el).

4.- IMO it'd be nice to have bindings in occur-mode to do C-n C-o and
C-p C-o (I'd put them in M-n, M-p instead of occur-{next|prev}, but
C-M-n and C-M-p would do fine too). Useful, or something to be relegated
to my .emacs? :-)

Thanks,

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u