A scrolling wish..

From: D . Goel
Subject: A scrolling wish..
Date: 23 Sep 2002 04:01:22 -0400

If I programatically call (scroll-up 2), there seems to be no way to
tell what the result of the operation was.  viz. whether we reached a
max-scrolled-out [not same as eobp] condition, or whether the output
succeeded.  (scroll-up) always returns nil.

Perhaps it could return something more useful?

The only other option looks like (window-vscroll), but is it buggy
right now? --->

I try an emacs -q -no-site-file, go to *scratch*, insert many
screenfuls of lines, then at various positions, insert this and eval --->
I have tried (window-vscroll) as well as:
        (window-vscroll (get-buffer-window (buffer-name))),

at many different scroll positions, but i always get 0, both with the
cvs as well as 21.2.

DG                                 http://24.197.159.102/~deego/