Re: scrolling images?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: scrolling images?
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:45:04 -0400

    The manual lacks info on working with images.  Maybe I'm wrong but I
    only see this section:

I don't think there is anything else a user can do with images.
Aside from that, there are only the facilities for programs.

    You cannot view all parts of an image which is larger than the frame
    (e.g. on an 800x600  display try
    http://www.ub.uni-bielefeld.de/diglib/adelung/grammati/1/jpeg/00000000.jpg
    -- scanned title page of a German dictionary (1808); I can send the
    image by mail if necessary).

I guess we need to have commands that can scroll through images.
Really C-v ought to do it.  This relates to one of the items
in etc/TO-DO.  Are you interested in working on it?