Re: po.el: line up po-compat.el (gettext)

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: po.el: line up po-compat.el (gettext)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:41:34 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> And change that to say ("KOI8-U" . koi8-u).

Okay, thanks.

> Although I still don't understand why the code doesn't use
>
>       (coding-system-p (intern (downcase name)))
>
> so as to remove the need for most of those entries (and so that it
> can automatically support new coding systems when they are added to
> Emacs, as long as they use the same name).

I don't understand all this stuff, sorry.  Last time Eli changed
somethings (thanks!) and the current implementation works.  If you
think something different is better, don't hesitate to change it,
please.  Once done drop me a line and I'll test it.

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o