Re: XPM images

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: XPM images
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:20:31 -0400

    Not necessarily. It depends on the chosen solution. The decision
    between splash.pbm and splash.xpm is made in startup.el, based on
    functions provided by image.el. So if I go on and hook the
    Lisp-conversion into images.el (I guess that would be `create-image'),
    it _could_ affect the choice of the image. Of course, I could also
    make sure in startup.el that this does not happen.

It would be important to do that.