Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 02:43:03 -0300

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 00:23:08 +0300
"Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't object to the changes you posted, assuming they have been (or
> will be ;-) tested on both NT-family and Windows 9X family of systems.

I'm trying to test them, but I'm unable to bootstrap EMACS_21_1_RC on
W95 (with or without my changes) because of a problem with
`grep-compute-defaults' during the making of the custom-deps target:

> Saving file c:/BIN/emacs/EMACS_21_1_RC/lisp/cus-load.el...
> Symbol's function definition is void: grep-compute-defaults

AFAICS, progmodes/compile.el has extensive changes in HEAD, including
moving that function near the top to preclude problems with custom
declarations.

Another problem: several targets (bootstrap-clean, compile-files, etc.) do
nested fors, and COMMAND.COM chokes on them.

And finally a question: why is bootstrapping contingent on having a diff
program (and maybe also grep, I'm not sure)?

--
Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>