Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:56:31 -0300

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:38:08 +0300
"Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry, cannot help you here: I never saw anything like that.  (But I
> didn't try to bootstrap on Windows 9X either.)

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who ever tries it, and in a few
weeks I'm gonna switch to XP Home Edition and I wonder who'll check
W95/98/Me builds then...

> If you cannot work around this, perhaps we should require Bash on
> Windows 9X?

Hmm, that would be tantamount to requiring cygwin/mingw tools. I'd
rather not. Perhaps the right answer is not to try to conflate in just
one makefile support for bash, cmd.exe and command.com. I don't know.

> What parts of the bootstrap need those programs?

Don't know, but it failed when I took the mingw tools out of my PATH.

--
Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>