Re: none

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: none
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:59:12 +0800

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>     (a) Moving between menus and sub-menus (it just replaces the contents of
>       the `menu buffer') is way too heavy-weight. A typical drop-down menu
>       implementation allows you to quickly scan through submenus seeing

Do you think it might be nice to have trees or outlines for menus,
like the way customize-browse does it? That seems like a fairly good
way of mimicking drop-down menus. Of course, there's something to be
said about native menus, but I think that native menus have been
discussed on this list before and there's probably a good reason why
we're still not using them.

>       select directly from the list.  You can scroll through the list in
>       the minibuffer using direction keys, but the `disconnected' nature of

tmm allows me to cycle through menu items in the minibuffer by
pressing the up and down arrow keys. This seems to make sense, and
it's actually quite usable with Emacspeak. I still don't like how
accelerators change if something gets added to the menu, and the fact
that there seems to be no easy way to go back to the previous menu,
but it's actually more usable than I thought.

It might be nice to see ido-like functionality in the menu, though. =)
That would be, like, fun!

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci