Re: setting to allow C-g to quit in C-h k

From: Karl Chen
Subject: Re: setting to allow C-g to quit in C-h k
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 06:01:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

> It does no great harm if C-h k C-g shows the documentation of C-g,
> and it is useful for beginners to be able to see it.
Yeah, so the default still shows the help for it. I often either type "C-h
k" and then change my mind, or type it by mistake, and will want to cancel
it. Once you're familiar with C-g it's just less keystrokes if you don't
have to do a C-x 1 afterwards. Just a suggestion, anyway - if you don't
like it I can always just override it in my own .emacs.

--
Karl Chen / address@hidden