Emacs 21/X11 generating unbelieveable network traffic

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Emacs 21/X11 generating unbelieveable network traffic
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:11:02 -0400

As you can see from
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=u4rc
734es.fsf%40siemens.com,
I've been trying to figure out why starting Emacs 21 on a remote machine
seems so painful. It is  generating reams of network traffic that apparently
has nothing to do with graphics. I'm beginning to think that from the
a bug which is why it's cross-posted to the emacs bugs list. If anyone knows
why this is happening, and especially how to stop it, I'd be indebted.

Thanks,
Dave

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting
address@hidden * http://www.boost-consulting.com