Re: TODO additions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: TODO additions
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 22:31:54 -0500

    > Whether we'll
    > ever be able to remove src/{s,m} is not relevant I think (it would be
    > good but is not a prerequisite to using autoconf/automake).

    The most important thing is to avoid the cpp preprocessing of .in
    files (which relies on there even being a cpp with the right
    behaviour).

That would be very difficult.  Even if we could have Autoconf figure
out every relevant parameter, and have eliminate the s and m
directories, that would not eliminate the need for preprocessing of
src/Makefile.in.