Re: po.el: line up po-compat.el (gettext)

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: po.el: line up po-compat.el (gettext)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 17:43:46 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> But in light of the above I suggest we also try
>
>   (coding-system-p (intern-soft (subst-char-in-string ?_ ?- charset-lower)))

[...]

> Obviously this sync issue is very relelvant and it's for you to decide
> what's the best option from a maintainability POV.
> I suggest the patch below, but it trims down the explicit list whereas
> the current list keeps redundant entries (entries that would already
> be found by the (intern-soft charset-lower) in the code).

Thanks for your work!  I just saw that Dave checked in something along
your lines.

I guess in the long run the coding detection code can go into mule.el
as one of the auto-coding-functions.

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o