Re: Emacs in CVS as today does not build - emacs depends on *.elc, which

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs in CVS as today does not build - emacs depends on *.elc, which cannot be built without emacs
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:26:04 -0500

> "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
>
> |> The question was: do you care whether you have to say
> |>
> |>    make bootstrap
> |> or
> |>    make clean bootstrap
> |>
> |> when you want to do your consistency-check bootstrap ?
>
> make clean does not rm *.elc, only bootstrap-clean does.

I wouldn't know, I use cvsclean instead.

        Stefan

#!/usr/bin/perl

sub cvsclean {
    my($path) = @_;
    my(%files) = ();
    my(@subdirs);

    print STDOUT "Cleaning $path\n";
    opendir (DIR, "$path/") || die "No directory $path";
    open (ENTRIES, "$path/CVS/Entries") || die "No $path/CVS/Entries file";
    while (<ENTRIES>) {
        if (m[^D/([^/]+)]) {
            push (@subdirs, "$path/$1");
        } elsif (m[^/([^/]+)/[^/-]]) {