Re: checkdoc (was: mh-e 6.2 imminent)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: checkdoc (was: mh-e 6.2 imminent)
Date: 05 Nov 2002 13:26:22 +0900

Henrik Enberg <address@hidden> writes:
> > But we don't want to end all of them with `face'.  It would be a pain
> > in the neck if faces like `italic' and `underline' ended that way.
>
> Those kinds on names are pretty common when it comes to
> typography, but names like font-lock-keyword or diff-added would be
> less clear.

Well, less clear when you mention them out-of-context, but the point
I've been trying to make is that face names are almost always used in a
context where their meaning is pretty obvious.  [In other words, don't
just say `less clear,' say `less clear in such-and-such a circumstance.']

-Miles
--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"