Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:02:42 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> For 21.3, maybe.  But for 21.2, I disagree.

With 21.1 and 21.2 you can destroy your files easily (even RMS was
bitten once[1]); the ordinary user isn't able to those encoding related
problems on his own.  Thus, please release 21.3 ASAP -- 21.3 is _very_
important for European users.  I don't understand why it takes that
long to release a version fixing these encoding related problems.

I know, resources are limited, but this must not mean to ignore or delay
serious problems.  I also put some time in testing the RC and said it is
better than the previous version; but I cannot test a bug fix release
again and again; I need some features from HEAD for my daily work.

Bug fix releases must happen in a timely manner -- otherwise they take
away to many resources from all of us.

[1] Cf.: