Re: preloading newcomment.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: preloading newcomment.el
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 23:51:05 -0500

    The problem is "fixed" by the patch below, but it's not
    a satisfactory fix (it increases the amount of pure storage used)
    and I have no idea how to really fix things.

To fix it properly requires distinguishing between #$ when it's used
to refer to a doc string and #$ when it's used to refer to the byte
code.  One way to distinguish would be based on position in the
surrounding list.

But I think there's no need to do this now.  The right thing to do now
is just not preload the file.