Re: server-start under Windows

From: bkey1
Subject: Re: server-start under Windows
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:41:07 US/Eastern

"Stefan Monnier" <address@hidden> wrote

> You'll need to hack process.c like you did for emacsclient.c to make
> it understand `local' connections (I assume that w32 has unix-domain
> sockets of some sort).

It appear as if most of this has been done.  I just do not know what
make-network-process is supposed to be doing so I cannot tell what is going
wrong.  If someone knows how make-network-process is supposed to work and can
provide a few pointers I may be able to figure it out.

>  Could you show us the patches you needed to
> apply to emacsclient.c ?

I would be more than happy to provide a patch for emacsclient.c that
incorporates my changes.  I had wanted to be able to test my work before doing
so, but I could send it to the list tonight with the disclaimer that it is
almost completely untested.