Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:56:12 +0100

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:21:03 +0000 (GMT), address@hidden wrote:

> > Personally, I would prefer if we could release 21.3, make a new branch
> > for 21.4, and then you could merge the Gtk support for 21.5 (or whatever
> > it will be called at that time)...
>
> I don't think we want to make MORE branches.

I think Kim meant to:

 - release 21.3, and abandon the EMACS_21_1_RC branch forever
 - branch a new EMACS_21_4_RC for the next release
 - apply the Gtk patch to the trunk

so there would be only two "branches" of development, as there are now:
one for the next release, and another one for development.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u