Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:32:09 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
>
>> My idea is to prepare those patches mainly for internal release
>> management purposes (but it wouldn't hurd to make them available on
>> alpha, too).  Prepare pre-releases as usual, do testing.  Now, when a
>> serious problem with the already released version pops up, fix just
>> this problem and release a fixed version immediately.
>
> You assume that in the meantime no changes were done in the CVS, which is
> normally not the case.

Maybe it could work like this: version 21.4 is released.  A bug
regarding mumblefoo is found.  Somebody takes 21.4 and fixes the bug
and releases a mumblefoo patch against 21.4.  A bug regarding
frobnicating is found.  Somebody else takes 21.4 and fixes the bug
and releases a frobnicating patch against 21.4.

Each such patch is also applied to the head.

kai