Re: `mouse-drag-cursor-type' suggestion

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: `mouse-drag-cursor-type' suggestion
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 06:55:12 -0500

    I like the effect.  Perhaps it could be offered as a customizable
    variable in Emacs.  A patch follows.  WDYT?

I tried it and noted the drawback that the bar cursor remains after
I stop dragging.  That looks wrong.

I thought that adding a call (sit-for 0) at the end of
mouse-drag-region, outside the let, would fix this, but it did not.
Perhaps now redisplay only looks at cursor-type if it needs to
redisplay the cursor for other reasons.  If so, it would need to be
changed to notice if the type of cursor has changed, and redisplay the
cursor if so.