Re: server-start under Windows - revisited

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: server-start under Windows - revisited
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:07:40 -0500

    2. If AF_LOCAL sockets are not available, I need to then attempt to set the
    server process using tcp sockets.  This I am not certain how to do.  Are TCP
    sockets the same as INet?

Someone pointed out the danger of using Internet sockets: people on
other machines can send commands to your Emacs.  You would have to do
a lot of work to implement security to prevent that.