Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:36:29 +0100

> Could you explain what is disturbing about it?  Then I can
> think about the issue.

Tooltips are poping up and hiding other info.  As somebody else
explained, for menu entries tooltips are not that important, because
menu texts are better to understand than tool bar icons.

Yes, one can get used to the tooltips and their texts are often very
good; nevertheless having an option to disable menu entry tooltips
separately would be nice.

>                                                          Often you can
>     "right-click" (= mouse-3 resp. mouse-2 in Emacs) on some such entities
>     like menu entries to couse a context menu with a help entry to appear.
>
> You can often do this in Emacs, or you can often do this in other
> programs?

I know you can often call a context menu in Emacs, but it's impossible
to jump from a menu entry directly to the manual where this menu entry
will be explained.

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o