Re: TODO additions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: TODO additions
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:18:28 -0500

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 08:15:48PM +0000, Dave Love wrote:
> > But maybe the issue is not a real one.  If "correct" implementation of
> > background images is not a possible, then why worry about the issue?
>
> If XEmacs does it, presumably there isn't actually a fundamental
> difficulty.  It's not worth further argument, anyhow.

What I wonder is if xemacs actually supports it _correctly_, or whether they
just use a sort of `mostly works' heuristic like I mentioned before.  I think
that emacs' display model makes it impossible to actually do it right without
rendering the entire document before the current window to calculate the
correct vertical offset (and they certainly aren't going to do that).

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.