Re: Mac OS X 10.2.2 - Need to Recompile

From: Dan Brotsky
Subject: Re: Mac OS X 10.2.2 - Need to Recompile
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:05:13 -0800

I just updated to Mac OS X 10.2.2 and the emacs I was using (compiled
in 10.2.1) stopped working (similar to the update between 10.1 and
10.2).

This is exactly what happened to me.  Unfortunately I don't have a crash
log handy, but as in your case it was a realloc underneath init_display.

Doing a clean recompile (make clean; make) fixed the problem (as you
report happening in your case).

    dan

  Recompiling fixed everything, so it's not a huge problem.
Seems that there is a new version of libSystem.B included in 10.2.2,
which is incompatible.

The error I got was here:

#0  0x90004248 in szone_size ()
#1  0x000b0b0c in xrealloc (block=0x0, size=321) at alloc.c:542
#2  0x00006240 in adjust_frame_message_buffer (f=0x63aec0) at
dispnew.c:2435
#3  0x00005c20 in adjust_frame_glyphs (f=0x63aec0) at dispnew.c:2133
#4  0x00005bcc in adjust_frame_glyphs_initially () at dispnew.c:2115
#5  0x0000c6e4 in init_display () at dispnew.c:6537

It occurs on the first call to realloc with a non-empty block.  The
darwin source is hard to follow at this point as malloc blocks are
controlled in objc code.

Does anyone else see this problem?
-Steven