Re: XPM via Lisp in the toolbar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: XPM via Lisp in the toolbar
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:10:32 -0500

    Some time ago I posted a library to deal with XPM images (internally:
    convert them to PPM) to this group. I am currently working on this
    again and at the same time I am hooking this library into the
    functions that deal with images in general (mainly `create-image' and
    `find-image'). The goal of the latter is that Emacs would support XPM
    transparently wether it was compiled with xpmlib or not. I understood
    that this was considered to be useful.

It would be quite useful, I think.

    So is this going to be fixed? The image support on MS Windows needs
    some bug fixes anyways, but at least the toolbar currently works (with
    the PBM icons). Or should I disable my stuff for toolbar-icons in
    general?

Since it is a Windows-only issue, I won't have an opinion about it.