Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:16:40 -0500

    There is nothing "wrong" with a long menu string.

It makes the whole menu wider.  We have already made an effort to
reduce the width of these menus and we would be very reluctant to
install changes that make them even wider.

      And in many cases, the tip would have
    made a better menu string, IMHO (for example Syntax Highlightning).

We can certainly try to improve the text of both the menu items and
the tips.