Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:29:12 +0000 (UTC)

Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote

   I rarely use menus in emacs either -- for invoking commands.

   I do keep the menu-bar turned on, though, because the menus are great as
   _documentation_, especially for modes like Gnus that have 1,000,000
   commands that I only occasionally use.  ....

That is a good reason to use menus.  Whoever write the tool tips
should keep this in mind as one of purposes to which the menu bar
will be put.  The task grows more challenging!

In your same circumstance, I type `C-h m' (describe-mode) which
usually provides me with all the information I need, but not always.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden