Re: pbm files and elisp manual

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: pbm files and elisp manual
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:13:55 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden wrote:

   >     ... I see
   >     that all the xpm files have a pbm counterpart. I don't know why
   >     they are needed (do people really have binary displays ?)

People run Emacs on impoverished hardware.  Or they work remotely over
communications lines running at 150 baud.  One of the great advantages
of Emacs is that it discriminates less than other programs.  You can
use GNU Emacs to work in difficult circumstances.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden